[openFATE 309335] Proof-read english desktop strings
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 10:12:47 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Paul Cutler (prcutler)
Feature #309335, revision 8
Title: Proof-read english desktop strings

openSUSE-11.3: New

Info Provider: (Novell)
Requested by: Juergen Weigert (jnweiger)

the software strings that are fed to our translators are not in the
expected qualtiy. We should find and address ambiguous or misleading
messages, as this causes problems during translation.
I suggest to proofread software strings and implement a feedback
channel to upstream through our packagers. This request seeks a sponsor
from SLED product management and - obviously - seeks approval for
sharing the results with the world.

Documentation Impact:
Allocate Proofreader Resources

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Improve User Experience. Avoid incorrect localization.

+ #1: Paul Cutler (prcutler) (2010-05-28 10:12:35)
+ Can you give me an example of a string that has poor quality?  Are
+ there any bugs open in Bugzilla against bad strings?
+ Thanks.
+ Paul