[openFATE 309577] auto remove unused dependencies using YaST and zypper
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 15:45:32 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Rémy Marquis (Spyhawk)
Feature #309577, revision 3
Title: auto remove unused dependencies using YaST and zypper

Requested by: double chou (margueritesu)

in Debian, you can apt-get --autoremove if you uninstall a package.
in Fedora, you can also find such feature.
but YaST, nope, I can't.
YaST only automatically install dependencies needed by packages you
wanna install, but It does not automatically remove them. So after you
tried lots of software to find your need.  Your system will be huge and
full of useless dependencies. That might cause disk over-usage or
security problems. 'Coz users only do system update in the way "zypper
dup" instead of " zypper update", so obselete packages that have bugs
remain.
Nowadays I have to write down dependencies mannually everytime I
install softwares. That's boring.

#1: Pavol Rusnak (prusnak) (2010-05-21 14:14:11)
> in Fedora, you can also find such feature
where exactly?

+ #2: Rémy Marquis (spyhawk) (2010-05-23 15:45:29)
+ There is no global "autoremove" option, but the removal of unused
+ dependancies when deleting packages has been implemented in Libzypp 7.4
+ /7.5.
+ See http://lists.opensuse.org/zypp-devel/2010-04/msg00033.html

List Navigation