[openFATE 309503] Beautiful one-click-install
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:11:51 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Garrett LeSage (glesage)
Feature #309503, revision 8
Title: Beautiful one-click-install

Requested by: Cornelius Schumacher (cschum)
Developer: (Novell)

Garrett made a great mockup
(http://ux.suse.de/~garrett/public/hackweek/oneclick/mockups/oneclick-mockup-disable%
20widgets.png) for a much more beautiful one click installer some time
ago. It would be great to get this implemented.
I think it could be done with a small Qt application which uses libzypp
or PackageKit or something like that as the backend to do the actual
installation.
I won't be able to spend much time on it, but Will said he might be
interested. Maybe also one of the YaST guys could join.

+ #1: Garrett LeSage (glesage) (2010-05-21 12:11:45)
+ I would be quite happy to help make this a reality.
+ When talking with Cornelius a short while ago, we realized that it
+ could be even simpler (for the main flow at least). It would be
+ fantastic if we have something great at the end of Hackweek... and I
+ think that's completely possible.

List Navigation