[New: openFATE 309577] auto remove unused dependencies using YaST and zypper
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 16:45:07 +0200 (CEST)
Feature added by: double chou (MargueriteSu)

Feature #309577, revision 1
Title: auto remove unused dependencies using YaST and zypper

Requested by: double chou (margueritesu)

in Debian, you can apt-get --autoremove if you uninstall a package.

in Fedora, you can also find such feature.

but YaST, nope, I can't.

YaST only automatically install dependencies needed by packages you wanna
install, but It does not automatically remove them. So after you tried lots of
software to find your need.  Your system will be huge and full of useless
dependencies. That might cause disk over-usage or security problems. 'Coz users
only do system update in the way "zypper dup" instead of " zypper update", so
obselete packages that have bugs remain.

Nowadays I have to write down dependencies mannually everytime I install
softwares. That's boring.

List Navigation