[New: openFATE 309566] OCR with Cuneiform
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 12:58:25 +0200 (CEST)
Feature added by: Juergen Weigert (jnweiger)

Feature #309566, revision 1
Title: OCR with Cuneiform

Requested by: Juergen Weigert (jnweiger)

Have you ever tried to do some Optical Character Recognition under Linux? The
best bet used to be Tesseract+Ocropus -- no more: Try cuneiform and you will be
surprised how fast/good/easy to use it is.

Together with hocr2pdf it can create sandwich PDFs.

When scanning a document with one of our office scanners, we could use a
special email-domain so that the scan first goes to an ocr server, then comes
to my mailbox.

I have played around a bit with the tools, and would like to share my
experiences.

List Navigation