[openFATE 308756] dispatcher should prefer jobs on importance
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 11:40:05 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Adrian Schröter (adrianSuSE)
Feature #308756, revision 9
Title: dispatcher should prefer jobs on importance

- Buildservice: Candidate
+ Buildservice: Done
Projectmanager: Mandatory

Requested by: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse)
Developer: (Novell)

The job dispatcher should prefer build jobs when
* Build got triggered via a source change * Based on priority list
(generated via download numbers)

#1: Michael Meeks (michael_meeks) (2010-01-22 13:05:19)
Well - it would be good to ensure that Factory (with vast download
numbers due to frequent changes, and users) does not steam-roll all
other projects :-)
Keeping some level of fair-ness across projects would be good; with
perhaps some tiering for lower priority or 'home' projects, or
something.
All other things being equal inside a project - and having watched for
some considerable time some of these re-builds, I would love to see re-
builds prioritised by the number of packages that depend on them (the
number 'blocking' on it or somesuch I guess) too.

#2: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse) (2010-02-20 13:48:07) (reply to #1)
Factory is currently configured/prefered to steam roll the other
projects actually on purpose.
But yes, dispatcher prioritisation based on weight values (and not
absolute like Prefer X) is part of this request.