[openFATE 309485] filter package by version on software.opensuse.org
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:59:52 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: matthias sweertvaegher (mxttie)
Feature #309485, revision 2
Title: filter package by version on software.opensuse.org

Buildservice: Unconfirmed

Requested by: matthias sweertvaegher (mxttie)

software.opensuse.org/search is a very handy tool to find a 1-click
install for your favorite program yet often it is hard to find the
latest or the correct package since no additional filtering/sorting is
offered.
Here are a few possible solutions:
A) The low tech solution would be to support specifying the version in
the query processed as a simple string, for example: if I search for
k3b it returns 102 binaries,  k3b-1.68.0-1.1.3.i586.rpm

(http://software.opensuse.org/search/download?base=openSUSE%3A11.2&file=openSUSE%
3A%2F11.2%2Fstandard%2Fi586%2Fk3b-1.68.0-1.1.3.i586.
rpm&query=k3b)  being one amongst them. If I search for k3b-1.68, no
results are returned..
B) Another solution would be to collect all versions during the query
and while presenting the result as of now, allow the user to finetune
the query by presenting a combobox containing all collected versions.
C) allow sorting the results on build date. that way, I suppose the
more recent versions would be listed..? Not sure if that's possible.
D) allow filtering on architecture. sometimes, when you finally found
the correct version, it seems it is not available in x86_64 ...

- Use Case:
-
-

List Navigation