[openFATE 309103] keep glibc and gcc at the same version during a major version
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 23:24:21 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Jan Engelhardt (jengelh)
Feature #309103, revision 3
Title: keep glibc and gcc at the same version during a major version

openSUSE-11.3: Evaluation

Requested by: Harry ten Berge (hjtenberge)

Currently we've seen updates on glibc and gcc during the lifecycle of
11.0, 11.1, 11.2 and 11.3.
I'm wondering if we've got to the point where we can leave the gcc and
glibc at the same version during a complete lifecycle. So for 12.x
we've got the same version of gcc and glibc, essentially providing
binary compatiblity with this...

+ #1: Jan Engelhardt (jengelh) (2010-05-06 23:23:54)
+ Provide the example where functionality went away due to a glibc/gcc
+ update.