[New: openFATE 309472] pidgin: enable iChat/Bonjour/presence account by default
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 15:44:13 +0200 (CEST)
Feature added by: Ludwig Nussel (lnussel)

Feature #309472, revision 1
Title: pidgin: enable iChat/Bonjour/presence account by default

Requester: Neutral

Requested by: Ludwig Nussel (lnussel)

Me filing this request probably is an indication that I'm losing my mind ... ;-)

Anyways, pidgin supports the iChat/Bonjour/presence protocol to support
zeroconf instant messaging in the local network. For that to work it listens on
a tcp port and uses avahi for discovery of others. The Bonjour account isn't
enabled by default though. Users have to manually add it which means barely
anyone actually does that. Kind of defeats the 'zeroconf' idea. So what about
automatically creating a Bonjour account on first start of pidgin?

List Navigation