[openFATE 309234] Make expert partitioner more intuitive
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:52:10 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Arvin Schnell (aschnell)
Feature #309234, revision 2
Title: Make expert partitioner more intuitive

openFATE: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Marco Poletti (poletti_marco)

I propose to restructure the expert partitioner, my suggestions are
these:

1) I think the "Overview" and "Used devices" tabs associated with each
drive are out of place, I think they should become the property window
of the drive, that can be accessed by right-clicking the drive and
selecting the new item "Properties" or by selecting it and clicking the
new button "Properties" in the "Hard disk" view, or by right-clicking
an empty space in the drive's own view and selecting Properties, or by
clicking the new button "Drive properties" in the drive's own view.
2) About partitions, I'd completely remove them from the tree and move
those informations to the partition's Properties window, accessible
from right-clicking the partition and selecting the new item
"Properties" or selecting the partition and clicking the new
"Properties" button, both in the drive view and in the "Hard disks"
view.
3) In computers with not too many HDs, say max 6, I'd show all the
graphical bars in the "Hard disk" view.

Test Case:
-
-