[openFATE 309184] Add more languages for installation from live CD
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:03:20 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Mindaugas Baranauskas (embar-)
Feature #309184, revision 2
Title: Add more languages for installation from live CD

Requested by: Vojtech Zeisek (vojtaeus)

Actually, when I boot from live CD and I choose for example Czech on
the first boot screen, I boot to fully English environment of
KDE/GNOME. Some applications like Mozilla are translated. This is OK, I
understand CD can not contain support for all languages.
But at least YaST Live Installer should be translated to all languages
. Look at Ubuntu: it speaks English during live session, but installer
is localized. Preferably, whole YaST should be translated. It should
not be so big wasting of space...
There is also another problem: for example I'm used to Czech keyboard
layout, but even I choose Czech during boot, the KDE uses English
keyboard. This is very unpleasant especially when typing passwords. Why
should I bother with keyboard settings in KDE Control Center which will
be lost during install? The live session should use keyboard map and
locales of language selected on boot screen .

+ #1: Mindaugas Baranauskas (embar-) (2010-03-26 21:03:08)
+ Translations of YaST Live Installer should be most important thing.
+ Installation from openSUSE DVD is localized to many languages so LiveCD
+ do also.

List Navigation