[New: openFATE 309209] New Applications in application-browser (GNOME)
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:00:43 +0100 (CET)
Feature added by: Atri Bhattacharya (badshah400)

Feature #309209, revision 1
Title: New Applications in application-browser (GNOME)

Requested by: Atri Bhattacharya (badshah400)

At present the "new applications" group in the GNOME application browser lists
9 most recently installed/upgraded applications and it lists each of them
forever (at least as long as it is not superseded by other new applications).

The request is to expire an application from the "New Applications" group after
a fixed number of days or fixed number of uses so that it lists only
applications that are actually new from the point of view of the user. After
the initial installation of applications, when most bugs have been fixed and
everything is working fully I usually keep this system untouched (no more
install/uninstall, except official updates), and as such I have some items
listed in the "New Applications" group that I had installed over 3 months back
and have used over a 100 times. This is not a "new" application for me, is it?

List Navigation