[New: openFATE 309184] Add more languages for installation from live CD
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 10:58:56 +0100 (CET)
Feature added by: Vojtech Zeisek (vojtaeus)

Feature #309184, revision 1
Title: Add more languages for installation from live CD

Requested by: Vojtech Zeisek (vojtaeus)

Actually, when I boot from live CD and I choose for example Czech on the first
boot screen, I boot to fully English environment of KDE/GNOME. Some
applications like Mozilla are translated. This is OK, I understand CD can not
contain support for all languages.

But at least YaST Live Installer should be translated to all languages . Look
at Ubuntu: it speaks English during live session, but installer is localized.
Preferably, whole YaST should be translated. It should not be so big wasting of
space...

There is also another problem: for example I'm used to Czech keyboard layout,
but even I choose Czech during boot, the KDE uses English keyboard. This is
very unpleasant especially when typing passwords. Why should I bother with
keyboard settings in KDE Control Center which will be lost during install? The
live session should use keyboard map and locales of language selected on boot
screen .

List Navigation