[openFATE 309118] KDE: set default desktop as Folder view on ~/Desktop
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 17:28:53 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Todd R (TheBlackCat)
Feature #309118, revision 3
Title: KDE: set default desktop as Folder view on ~/Desktop

Requested by: Jakub Talas (jtalas)

Instead of widget with this view, people are get used to (from Gnome,
Windows as well as older KDE versions) to have icons on desktop without
widget. This default setting doesn't affect possibility for users to
add own widgets on desktop.

+ #1: Todd R (theblackcat) (2010-03-09 17:28:49)
+ If the goal was to do what everyone was used to, KDE 4 would never have
+ been created in the first place.  I think the new way of doing things
+ is better in every way.  "Because we have always done it that way" is
+ not a good reason in my opinion.

List Navigation