[openFATE 309146] Higher USB transfer speeds
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:50:49 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Jimmy Berry (boombatower)
Feature #309146, revision 2
Title: Higher USB transfer speeds

Requested by: Shashank Sondhi (dreamtrip)

In general I have seen that the speed of data transfer from and to USB
drives is slow when compared to windows.
It is slower yet when running the LiveCD.
The speed goes down drastically when copying data from a NTFS partition
and pasting it onto the pen-drive.
This is a big achilles heel for Linux.

+ #1: Jimmy Berry (boombatower) (2010-03-08 16:50:41)
+ * Do you have any data to support this? My transfer rates looked good
+ when I tested them.
+ * LiveCD shouldn't be used for speed comparison.
+ * If NTFS to pen-drive is slower than straight transfer to pen-drive
+ the bottle neck is most likely NTFS not the pen-drive.

List Navigation