[New: openFATE 309145] Improve Bittorrent support
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 11:31:55 +0100 (CET)
Feature added by: Shashank Sondhi (dreamtrip)

Feature #309145, revision 1
Title: Improve Bittorrent support

Requested by: Shashank Sondhi (dreamtrip)

I've seen that transmission and Moon, the bitttorrent applications tend to be
MUCH slower on openSUSE.

Whether the firewall causes this or maybe it's just a problem with memory
footprint (but I know the footprint to be low on other linuxes namely, ubuntu,
linux mint, centos)

Please rectify this.

Use Case:
E.g. When I minimize the app to the taskbar and then click it, it shows the
main window. On clicking in it it would turn grey (indicating the application
was not responding) and all othe rapplications would be slowed down
substantially.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Bittorrent is a very popular network albeit under dispute for
copyright infringement. But the use should not allow execution hurdles. It's
support in openSUSE, being a server operating system, should be top-notch. Not
as if it is catching up to windows in this regard.

List Navigation