[New: openFATE 309144] Use casper-rw as persistent filesystem for usb live media
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 22:43:10 +0100 (CET)
Feature added by: H. Hansen (cyberbeat)

Feature #309144, revision 1
Title: Use casper-rw as persistent filesystem for usb live media

Requested by: H. Hansen (cyberbeat)

Many distributions are using casper-rw for usb live sticks now (fedora, ubuntu).

advantages:

- usb stick can be formatted still with fat and can be used as normal for other
tasks

- persistent storage works more reliable. for example I followed exactly the
instructions for opensuse live usb installation with persistent storage, but
persistant storage did not work for me. fedora live image worked at once with
persistent storage.

also installation would be more easy when supported by existing free
linux-usb-install-tools which support casper-rw systems (define
casper-rw-file-size in gui)

List Navigation