[openFATE 308384] Maven support
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 12:40:12 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Guido Berhörster (gberh)
Feature #308384, revision 2
Title: Maven support

Package Wishlist: Unconfirmed

Requested by: dilbert elbonia (100le)

It would be great if we could install maven from the official
repositories.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Maven is becoming more and more popular tool for java
(and not only java) development.

+ #1: Guido Berhörster (gberh) (2010-03-06 12:39:56)
+ It is packaged by Debian
+ (http://packages.debian.org/source/squeeze/maven2) , Fedora
+ (http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/maven2/) , and Mandriva
+ (http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/maven2/) which
+ could be taken as a starting point, so it should not be too hard to
+ port this to openSUSE for someone with a bit of Java/maven knowledge.
+ This is an area where openSUSE is really lacking compared to other
+ distros, maven is a common build dependency for many Java applications
+ and libraries, e.g. it prevents me from packaging JabRef (which needs
+ Spin).