[openFATE 308841] zypper integration
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:55:30 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Stephan Kulow (coolo)
Feature #308841, revision 3
Title: zypper integration

- openSUSE-11.3: New
+ openSUSE-11.3: Evaluation

Requested by: Michael Meeks (michael_meeks)

I often want new softare; everything (+ spouse) is in the build service
- and searchable via 'osc se'.
I want to be able to do 'zypper se-osc uxlaunch' and then install it
easily from the build service through that tool (without
authentication) - preferably with (whatever) service subscription is
necessary hidden from me.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: This would make openSUSE rather more compelling as a
distro, and give people access to a wider range of new, and un-blessed
software.

#1: Adrian Schröter (adriansuse) (2010-01-21 12:02:37)
changing from build service to openSUSE feature

+ #2: Stephan Kulow (coolo) (2010-03-02 11:55:17)
+ This is primary a zypper feature, but I guess it also need some kind of
+ XML interface in the software search - and it needs to be configurable.
+ Sounds like a neat idea though - it's a nice complement of yast2
+ webpin