[openFATE 308518] Nautilus
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:14:28 +0000 (GMT)
Feature changed by: Vincent Untz (vuntz)
Feature #308518, revision 4
Title: Nautilus

- openSUSE-11.3: New
+ openSUSE-11.3: Rejected by (vuntz)
+ reject reason: This should be reported upstream, at bugzilla.gnome.org.
+ See my previous comment for more details.

Requested by: Marco Calistri (amdturion)

Wonder if someone can review Nautilus in terms of providing a bigger
flexibility into it usage.
For example:
1) if I try to open a .desktop file into ~.config/autostart, by right
clicking on such file, then I cannot choose any editor to view/edit it
2) if I try to move/copy/cancel... a file into a folder wherein I have
not permissions, Nautilus refuses, why don't offer to select a "su"
option in order to avoid making such kind of operations by exiting
Nautilus and using the terminal?
TKS

#1: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm) (2009-12-16 13:38:46)
I think it would be better to request this on
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/

#2: Vincent Untz (vuntz) (2009-12-16 14:13:14) (reply to #1)
Yes, Thomas is right there; that's really the kind of things that
should be submitted to upstream bugzilla.
(I can't close the fate entry, fwiw)
To answer your specific examples:
* I believe in the past that it was possible to edit desktop files with
right-click. It might be a new design choice, or a bug in the port to
gio.
* it's a conscious design decision to not propose any "su" feature in
nautilus. I honestly don't think this will change.

List Navigation