[openFATE 308518] Nautilus
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:12:28 +0000 (GMT)
Feature changed by: Vincent Untz (vuntz)
Feature #308518, revision 3
Title: Nautilus

openSUSE-11.3: New

Requested by: Marco Calistri (amdturion)

Wonder if someone can review Nautilus in terms of providing a bigger
flexibility into it usage.
For example:
1) if I try to open a .desktop file into ~.config/autostart, by right
clicking on such file, then I cannot choose any editor to view/edit it
2) if I try to move/copy/cancel... a file into a folder wherein I have
not permissions, Nautilus refuses, why don't offer to select a "su"
option in order to avoid making such kind of operations by exiting
Nautilus and using the terminal?
TKS

#1: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm) (2009-12-16 13:38:46)
I think it would be better to request this on
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/

+ #2: Vincent Untz (vuntz) (2009-12-16 14:13:14) (reply to #1)
+ Yes, Thomas is right there; that's really the kind of things that
+ should be submitted to upstream bugzilla.
+ (I can't close the fate entry, fwiw)
+ To answer your specific examples:
+ * I believe in the past that it was possible to edit desktop files with
+ right-click. It might be a new design choice, or a bug in the port to
+ gio.
+ * it's a conscious design decision to not propose any "su" feature in
+ nautilus. I honestly don't think this will change.

List Navigation