[openFATE 308261] Include Bibus, a bibliography tool that interacts with Openoffice via UNO
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:51:57 +0000 (GMT)
Feature changed by: Jens Staal (staalmannen)
Feature #308261, revision 4
Title: Include Bibus, a bibliography tool that interacts with
Openoffice via UNO

Package Wishlist: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Sven Burmeister (rabauke)

OpenOffice lacks a decent bibliography support which is mandatory for
scientific writing.
Bibus is a python tool available for all platforms, i.e. Windows users
can use the same tool when switching to Linux.
It can interact with Openoffice via the UNO api, i.e. it does not only
export its data, but inserts it into the OO document.
It can even be used with a central database, i.e. for companies that
want to share their bibliogrphic data.
The project's website is: http://bibus-biblio.sourceforge.net/

+ #1: Jens Staal (staalmannen) (2009-12-08 10:51:49)
+ This is a very good tool and I have just recently run into problems
+ with version 1.5.1 which runs into a segmentation error on my OpenSuse
+ 11.2 64-bit and rollback to the 1.4 version available for 11.0 does not
+ work due to changes in the database. I am not smart enough to figure
+ out how to debug it or make a proper bugreport about it.
+
+ It is important that separate 32-bit and 64-bit packages are available
+ since bibus need to point to /usr/lib/ooo3/program and
+ /usr/lib64/ooo3/program respectively.
+
+ Files to edit for respective architecture are:
+ .../bibus/Setup/bibus.cfg
+ .../bibus/bibus.cfg
+
+ RPMs for other distributions do not work
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=bibus&submit=Search+...&system=&arch=