[New: openFATE 308476] Make text cell interpretation configurable
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 02:23:31 +0100 (CET)
Feature added by: Kohei Yoshida (kohei_yoshida)

Feature #308476, revision 1
Title: Make text cell interpretation configurable

Requested by: Kohei Yoshida (kohei_yoshida)

For xls compatibility reasons, we modify the formula calculation so that
* text cells in an addition throw an error e.g. =A1+B1 where B1 is a text cell.
* text cells in SUM are interpreted as 0 e.g. =SUM(A1:B1) where B1 is a text
ell.

But some users don't like these behaviors since they are "inconsistent" with
each other. We probably therefore make these configurable, perhaps in the
'Formula' option page.

List Navigation