[openFATE 308471] KBasic
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 19:38:44 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Rick Beauchamp (techwiz03)
Feature #308471, revision 2
Title: KBasic

Package Wishlist: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Lee Matheson (oldcpu)

I also added this as a desired package for openSUSE-11.3, being not
certain where it belongs: https://features.opensuse.org/308466

KBasic is a programming language which is simply intuitive and easy to
learn. It is a new programming language, a further BASIC dialect and is
related to VB.NET™, Visual Basic®, Visual Basic for Application® and
Java™. It combines many features of those tools and comes with built-in
backward support for those tools and QBasic® as it is 100% syntax
compatible to VB6, VBA and QBasic®.  A web page with more information
on KBasic to assist in any evaluation as to whether it is worth the
effort to include in openSUSE package:  http://kbasic.com/
(http://kbasic.com/)
A big advantage is its reasonably similar look/feel will mean users
migrating to openSUSE Linux from MS-Windows will be more at home with a
programming language reasonably similar to what they are used
to.  Also, independant of what ever one may think of users migrating
from a "Redmond" based operating system, in my view openSUSE needs a
basic visual programming language for all openSUSE users who want a
simple programming environment.  It does not matter how the users
arrived at openSUSE, nor where they originated from.
openSUSE needs such a user friendly programming language environment.
This kbasic package can provide that environment.

+ #1: Rick Beauchamp (techwiz03) (2009-12-05 19:38:26)
+ Linux is a powerful multi-user multi-tasking OS with the power and
+ stability to go really far, yet when it comes to RAD there are so many
+ tools built for Linux that don't get included. I note, Kbasic and
+ xBasic are two that provide WYSIWYG RAD that provide basic language in
+ and 'C/C++' out for kBasic and 'assembly' out for xBasic. Unfortunately
+ neither are packaged for openSUSE.

List Navigation