[New: openFATE 308471] KBasic
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 14:59:20 +0100 (CET)
Feature added by: Lee Matheson (oldcpu)

Feature #308471, revision 1
Title: KBasic

Package Wishlist: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Lee Matheson (oldcpu)

I also added this as a desired package for openSUSE-11.3, being not certain
where it belongs: https://features.opensuse.org/308466

KBasic is a programming language which is simply intuitive and easy to learn.
It is a new programming language, a further BASIC dialect and is related to
VB.NET™, Visual Basic®, Visual Basic for Application® and Java™. It combines
many features of those tools and comes with built-in backward support for those
tools and QBasic® as it is 100% syntax compatible to VB6, VBA and QBasic®.  A
web page with more information on KBasic to assist in any evaluation as to
whether it is worth the effort to include in openSUSE package:
http://kbasic.com/ (http://kbasic.com/)

A big advantage is its reasonably similar look/feel will mean users migrating
to openSUSE Linux from MS-Windows will be more at home with a programming
language reasonably similar to what they are used to.  Also, independant of
what ever one may think of users migrating from a "Redmond" based operating
system, in my view openSUSE needs a basic visual programming language for all
openSUSE users who want a simple programming environment.  It does not matter
how the users arrived at openSUSE, nor where they originated from.

openSUSE needs such a user friendly programming language environment. This
kbasic package can provide that environment.

List Navigation