[openFATE 308043] Use Open Video drivers
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:28:34 +0000 (GMT)
Feature changed by: Lee Matheson (oldcpu)
Feature #308043, revision 3
Title: Use Open Video drivers

Requested by: Piotrek Juzwiak (benderbendingrodriguez)

It would be very desirable if the open video drivers (nouveau, ati and
intel) were used by default BUT in the presence of the closed drivers
(nVidia and Ati, as we know they still have a better quality and allow
3d operations) switch to them. For example we use the open video
drivers to have a pretty boot but IF the user has the closed drivers
installed switch to them as soon as the graphical interface starts?

+ #1: Lee Matheson (oldcpu) (2009-12-05 13:28:41)
+ In addition, have a better GUI display indication as to what driver is
+ being used. With the move away from sax2 and the move away from an
+ /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, it is becoming more and more difficult to
+ determine what graphic driver is in use.