[openFATE 306759] Include video editing software - Kdenlive
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:26:34 +0000 (GMT)
Feature changed by: Lee Matheson (oldcpu)
Feature #306759, revision 2
Title: Include video editing software - Kdenlive

Requested by: Glenn Doig (doiggl)

Include video editing software.
From the website - http://kdenlive.org/
Kdenlive is an intuitive and powerful multi-track video editor,
including most recent video technologies. Our software is completely
free, in all sences of the expression, as defined by the GNU foundation
(http://www.gnu.org/) . Using Kdenlive is investing in a community
driven project, which aims to establish relationships between people in
order to built the best video tools.
Other - http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7413/

+ #1: Lee Matheson (oldcpu) (2009-12-05 13:26:42)
+ I use kdenlive extensively as a user. I do see a problem with
+ proprietary audio and video codecs which kdenlive needs to be able to
+ decode/encode to run effectively.
+ IMHO given any SuSE-GmbH kdenlive implementation will be crippled
+ because of codecs, means the resouces required to implement this could
+ be spent better elsewhere, and we need to instead to continue to rely
+ on the packman packagers who have packaged this.