[New: openFATE 308465] Filter for Fold View Widget & Dolphin
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:40:41 +0000 (GMT)
Feature added by: John Moore (Johnfm3)

Feature #308465, revision 1
Title: Filter for Fold View Widget & Dolphin

Requested by: John Moore (johnfm3)

The ability for a user to filter for files that the user or a group has
permissions too.  Perferably the group that the user is a member of.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: In my example, I have 7 users that are joined to 4 groups (stored
in LDAP) kids, preteens, teens, parents. On a NFS share, I have 105 movies, but
15 movies the members of the kids group can watch. Parents can watch all 105
movies. Its hard for members of the kids and preteen groups to quickly pick out
which movie they can watch when there is 105 videos to browse thru. This gets
worst when you add a Large Music collection of over 20,000. Move this to a
small business enviorment, and you have a large public share that only has a
small percentage of files that pertain to you. In the ideal world, the
Administrator would have different shares for different groups, but in the work
place things grow and dont get properly managed and relocated. When things do
get move, users get pissed when things arent where they were. So typicly public
shares get left alone and keep growing.

List Navigation