[New: openFATE 308452] Version-independent Yast Meta Package
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 05:06:00 +0100 (CET)
Feature added by: Todd R (TheBlackCat)

Feature #308452, revision 1
Title: Version-independent Yast Meta Package

Requested by: Todd R (theblackcat)

Currently there has to be a separate yast meta package for every version of
every distribution.  I think it would be much better for users of the meta
package was told what distribution the system is using and automatically
selects the correct version, or reports that the software is not available for
that particular distribution if need be.  It can already do that for the
architecture.  I know this has backwards-compatibility issues but that will
disappear as support for older versions of distributions is dropped (at least
for the yast meta package search engines).  Currently, for instance, when
someone searches for "kernel-default" they get 35 pages of results, while only
4 of those pages are relevant to openSUSE 11.2 users.

List Navigation