[New: openFATE 308436] zypper/YaST2: update only major revisions of packages
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:49:44 +0100 (CET)
Feature added by: Tristan Miller (psych0naut)

Feature #308436, revision 1
Title: zypper/YaST2: update only major revisions of packages

Requested by: Tristan Miller (psych0naut)

To update my system I often use "zypper up" or "Package->All Packages->Update
if newer version available" in YaST2's Software Management applet.  However,
many of the updates available are only minor revisions to the RPM packaging
rather than updates to the software itself (new features, bug fixes, etc.).
That is, for a package foo-x.y.z-a.b.x86_64, the available updates increment
only a.b rather than x.y.z.

Please add a feature to zypper and/or YaST2 which will update only those
packages which have updates for the software itself.

List Navigation