[openFATE 308402] Add init script for timidity or edit wrapper script for tuxguitar
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:47:33 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Michal Seben (mseben)
Feature #308402, revision 9
Title: Add init script for timidity or edit wrapper script for
tuxguitar

openSUSE-11.3: New
Priority
Requester: Neutral

Requested by: Michal Seben (mseben)

- Add init script to timidity daemon (Ubuntu already do this)
+ problem :
+ if I want start tuxguitar with soft midi support I need at first start
+ timidity by hand and after then I can start tuxguitar
+ posible solutions :
+ * add init script for timidity - so timidity could be running whole
+ time (could be in conflict with pulseaudio)
+ * edit tuxguitar wrapper script - so timidity is started automaticaly
+ with tuxguitar from wrapper (maybe we could avoid conflict with
+ pulseadio using pasuspender)

#1: Michal Seben (mseben) (2009-11-24 15:41:51)
Takashi, what do you think ? I will do this job, I want only know if
this idea isn't foolish ...

#2: Takashi Iwai (tiwai) (2009-11-26 12:21:43) (reply to #1)
I don't mind to have it. Though, one concern is that a system daemon
may have a problem with a user-based sound server like PulseAudio,
because the daemon already uses and blocks the sound device.

#3: Mindaugas Baranauskas (embar-) (2009-11-29 23:52:24) (reply to #1)
Timidity will be useful when we work with music scorewriter