[openFATE 306308] Preview and cancel functions in openFATE edit mode
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:50:24 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Rajko Matovic (rajko_m)
Feature #306308, revision 11
Title: Preview and cancel functions in openFATE edit mode

openFATE: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Rajko Matovic (rajko_m)

Preview button - adds user comment, reply, usecase, testcase but leaves
edit window opened, so that user can change layout.
Cancel button - quits edit mode and drops all changes.

#1: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm) (2009-03-30 15:26:13)
Ok, so the goal would be to have 3 buttons aside the edit field:
* - Set description (Renders the feature with changed description)
* - Preview description (same as 1) but edit field stays displayed)
* - Cancel (Discards changes)
Cancel can more or less already be achieved by clicking on the pen
again.

#2: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm) (2009-03-30 15:29:14)
We are also working on including a wysiwyg editor which maybe makes the
preview button redundant.

#3: Rajko Matovic (rajko_m) (2009-03-30 16:52:08) (reply to #2)
The Cancel button is explicit, on the screen present, request that
doesn't need any documentation, as it is used in any GUI to quit last
action without changes.
If you are close to have WYSIWYG working then there is no point to
bother with Preview. Although, it shouldn't be big deal to create
Preview. It is just Save+Edit functionality combined under the Preview
button.

+ #4: Rajko Matovic (rajko_m) (2009-04-26 17:43:55)
+ So far the WYSIWIG seems OK.
+ It works in Firefox.That is what I use right now.
+ Konqueror kde4 is somewhat confused, after few times Enter to make
+ space betwen paragraphs it made space, but left cursor at the top.
+ As I use somewhat slow computer right now, I can see that Konq is very
+ slow to respond. First time I though that it didn't register press on
+ Enter and then it spit out all keypersses at once. I didn't tested
+ after that.
+ I didn't use other browser to check this.
+

+ #5: Rajko Matovic (rajko_m) (2009-04-26 17:49:29) (reply to #4)
+ Still Firefox.
+ WYSIWIG skipped empty lines.
+ Actually it removed one newline.
+