[openFATE 305680] access table contents in YaST in more ways than just by push buttons
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:49:13 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Duncan Mac-Vicar (dmacvicar)
Feature #305680, revision 11
Title: access table contents in YaST in more ways than just by push
buttons

- openSUSE-11.2: Evaluation
+ openSUSE-11.2: Done

Requested by: Martin Schmidkunz (mschmidkunz)

There is feedback (e.g.
http://mvidner.blogspot.com/2009/01/yast-ui-table-usability.html) that
users might get confused with the fact that table actions (performed on
the table items) are accesible only as push buttons below the table.
What users are used to from other GUI applications and what they miss
in YaST UI is: a) context menu activated by right click on table item
(e.g. edit/delete this item) b) more function key bindings (e.g.
'Delete' key will do the same what would pushing delete button do)

#1: Josef Reidinger (jreidinger) (2009-01-19 15:04:22)
What I also miss is some active items in table, e.g. checkbox, radio
buttons via entries (bootloader simulate this by '*' and you can change
it only by button), combo-box or text field. If this is enabled we can
easily create table which can advanced user fulfill and beginner can
start wizard via button.

#2: Federico Lucifredi (flucifredi) (2009-01-23 14:37:35) (reply to
#1)
At engineering's discretion.

#3: Thomas Göttlicher (tgoettlicher) (2009-03-06 17:20:28)
I've added support for context menus to yast2-qt version 2.18.6 in
order to provide the infrastructure for this request.