[openFATE 305784] Wireless light blinks all the time
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 21:08:34 +0100 (CET)
Feature added by: Robert Lewis (rll123)

Feature #305784, revision 1, last change by
Title: Wireless light blinks all the time

Requested by: Robert Lewis (rll123)

The LED blinking is very distracting and needs to be controlable. The LED
blinks when traffic goes through the wireless card. However you can configure
the LED behavior in /sys/class/net/wlanX/device/leds. For example something
like echo none > /sys/class/net/wlanX/device/leds/*TX/trigger echo none >
/sys/class/net/wlanX/device/leds/*RX/trigger echo none >
/sys/class/net/wlanX/device/leds/*assoc/trigger should deactivate the blinking
while traffic is received or transmitted. Just play with the LED triggers to
get the desired behavior. This is a work around for a few people not afraid to
muck with such things but a GUI user interface to turn this on/off will be
needed for most people. I think we need YaST options in the wireless network
area to tune the LED behavior. > Agreed. A graphical user interface would be
very nice for tuning the LED > behavior. I suggest to open a feature request at
[2] for that. > >Thanks, > Helmut

List Navigation