[openFate 303520] Default NTP Setup
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:28:12 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Jiří­ Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxxxxx>
Feature #303520, revision 18
Title: Default NTP Setup

openSUSE-11.1: Candidate
Projectmanager: Mandatory

SLED-11: Candidate
Projectmanager: Mandatory

SLES-11: Candidate
Projectmanager: Mandatory

Requested by: Federico Lucifredi <flucifredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

A Yast pane should prompt for NTP set up, which should be configured by
default, but of course can also be disabled there.

Documentation Impact:
Installation guide needs to be updated.

#1: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-06-17 12:56:47)
Federico, NTP setup is already possible. Do you want it in a more
prominent place? Also I see a missing way for the product to pre-define
the value, correct?

#2: Federico Lucifredi <flucifredi@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-06-23 21:03:12)
(reply to #1)
right. I want to see it pre-enabled by default againt a dedicated suse.
pool.ntp.org / time.novell.com server (separate feature for that).
We are lagging a bit behind Win and Mac where the vendos provide their
own time source, and we need to catch up there.

#3: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-07-07 12:18:32)
We will need not only to enable NTP during installation, but display
this information in the installation proposal (and possibly time zone
dialog) as well.

+ #6: Jiří­ Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-08-12 13:27:44) (reply
+ to #3)
+ OK, this
+ (http://w3.suse.de/~jsuchome/screenshots/yast2-timezone-ntp-status.png) is
+ proposal how to show the info in current time zone dialog. It is
+ probably bad that status is part of the frame label, but I didn't want
+ to take more space from the whole dialog by adding new line...

#4: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-07-31 16:15:46)
for openSUSE it's 0.opensuse.pool.ntp.org 1.opensuse.pool.ntp.org 2.
opensuse.pool.ntp.org 3.opensuse.pool.ntp.org, for SLE there is no NTP
server. time.novell.com can not be used, IS&T does not provide that
level of service.

https://features.opensuse.org/?rm=feature_show&id=303520