[openFate 305149] [Feature-request] Yast Expert Partitioner: should not require mounting "/" root partition
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 20:13:10 +0200 (CEST)
Feature added by: Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxxxxx>

Feature #305149, revision 1, last change by
Title: [Feature-request] Yast Expert Partitioner: should not require mounting
"/" root partition

openSUSE-11.2: New

Requested by: Alexey Eremenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi All !

Since openSUSE 11.1 will have brand new expert partitioner, I would like to
request the ability to use SUSE's partitioner for partition hard disks for
other operating systems.

Currently it is not possible, because SUSE requires mounting "/" root partition.

In some cases I need to install third-party OSes before I install openSUSE, so
I want to use SUSE flexible partitioner to partition and format the hard disk,
then install the other OSes and only in the end I want to install openSUSE.

-Alexey

#1: Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-08-04 08:41:18)
So in a nutshell you want to use the partitioner as a separate program (started
from the DVD) without the other installation features like package managment.
Right?

#2: Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-08-05 12:11:02)
Not mounting "/" during installation will certainly lead to a failure so I
hesitate to remove the check. But we could add a special mode with disabled
checks.

https://features.opensuse.org/?rm=feature_show&id=305149

< Previous Next >
List Navigation