[openFate 305146] Use old system network configuration when updating instead of demanding a new one
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 15:06:02 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Lukas Ocilka <locilka@xxxxxxxxxx>
Feature #305146, revision 2
Title: Use old system network configuration when updating instead of
demanding a new one

openSUSE-11.2: New

Requested by: Pacho Ramos <pacho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Currently, when I try to update from opensuse 10.3 to 11.0 with DVD and
I want to add network repositories, I have to configure again my
network for opensuse installer even when it is already configured on my
opensuse-10.3
I think that would be much better try to use network configuration from
old installation and only ask user if a problem occurs

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: System update from media: Start installation / Update,
select network-based repositories to be used, you will be asked to
configure the network.

+ #1: Lukas Ocilka <locilka@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-08-04 15:05:05)
+ See also bug 398346 - Try to use proxy settings from installed system
+ in case in case of upgrade.
+ Proxy settings should be read as well...

https://features.opensuse.org/?rm=feature_show&id=305146

< Previous Next >
List Navigation