[Fate 302988] Don't Zap by default
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 13:04:03 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: sndirsch
Feature #302988, revision 7
Title: Don't Zap by default

openSUSE-11.0: Evaluation
Projectmanager: Important

SLED-11: Evaluation
Projectmanager: Important

Requested by: coolo@xxxxxxxxxx

We have this long standing issue that ctrl-alt-backspace is exiting the
desktop without much the user can do about it, while every **** web
site asks you if you want to discard random information if you browse
away.
While the zap functionality is useful for some and essential for some
situations, where your X server is broken _and_ the keyboard
combination is not _that_ easy to trigger, shutting it off completely
is not preferred.
So we discussed and what seems reasonable is press once -> beep, press
twice -> zap. Egbert and Luc say this can be implemented in the X
server and then we can leave the option on by default.

#1: coolo@xxxxxxxxxx (2007-11-27 13:36:58)
If this feature can't be implemented by let's say alpha 2 due to other
constraints, I would like to change the default to not zapp for beta1.

#2: michl@xxxxxxxxxx (2007-11-27 14:41:40)
fully in agreement with coolo. Do it with few effort asap or leave it.

+ #3: sndirsch@xxxxxxxxxx (2008-01-05 13:07:34)
+ Sounds like extortion to me. Not nice. And won't help in the end.
+ People will complain again and we need to revert it again.

--
SUSE Feature Tool:
http://partnerfate.suse.de/?rm=feature_show&id=302988

< Previous Next >