Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20201007 released!
On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 09:39:19PM +0200, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
When using xinit/startx, /usr/libexec/xinit/xinitrc should be found. Try these
first without any ~/.xinitrc. Although we no longer really support starting a
Xsession via xinit/startx, at least for simple WMs it should be somewhat
possible with a reduced functionality (sound may not work, etc.). So if this
is no longer working, I need to fix this.

Just had a try with latest TW. xinit and startx works for me. The former
starts a xterm, the latter a KDE session. When using the .xinitrc, that we
previously shipped in /etc/skel, xinit also starts a KDE session.

So I would say: Works for me. ;-)

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany