Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal: /tmp as tmpfs

On Friday 2020-07-17 14:14, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 6:54 AM Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Here mc-mhocko contains some big cpio archives, my guess is that these
were left behind by mc after opening rpm packages.

Then we need to fix MC not to write there, or better said..track down
all known buggy apps.

what should one use to audit /tmp usage ? systemtap? the audit subsys
? kprobes? an LSM I do not know about ?

`strace -e open,openat` alone would already be a start.
Or you can chmod 555 /tmp and watch the error messages.