Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal: /tmp as tmpfs
On 10/07/2020 18.00, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
On Fri, Jul 10, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

Users have bad habit :^) in abusing /tmp as the shortest way to store a file in
a known location for some time - because any other location would be persistent
(but /tmp might be too heh) and the path much longer.

Now they have to learn that they have a home directory for storing files
and /tmp was always a bad idea.

/home doesn't fit if one wants the file to be accessible by other people.

For instance, when I want to attach a file to a bugzilla, and the file is owned by root, I first copy that file to /tmp so that my user FF can read it and attach it.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.1 x86_64 at Telcontar)