Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [RFC] OpenSUSE Distribution Tiers Policy
Hi Ludwig,

Am Mo., 6. Juli 2020 um 15:04 Uhr schrieb Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>:

What's the outcome of an approval to become primary though?

The policy is intended as a framework for more specific guidelines,
that the Leap and Factory maintainers can draft or implement based on
the outcome of the policy decision.

Ie after aarch64 gets promoted to primary, will it be removed from
openSUSE:Factory:ARM and be and added to the "standard" repo in
openSUSE:Factory?
Will staging projects, including ADI build aarch64?

I know everything has to be a tools and hardware resource discussion
at some point, and I'm looking forward to that, but for the scope of
the policy that is currently
not in scope. To answer your question more concretely: That's up to
the particular distribution maintainers to decide. I see for example
the need for staging support to be different between leap and Factory,
for example, just by the nature of how things are handled regarding
stability vs updating.

The outcome of the policy is that 'labelling' that it is a primary
architecture, with the consequences:

* it gets equal treatment by the package maintainers and the
distribution maintainers regards to regressions and building state
amongst all the primary architectures (like for example a submission
that regresses on one primary architecture can be rejected)

* if a particular architecture no longer is primary because it falls
behind the minimum requirements (like no active maintenance, or lack
of releases, lack of openqa passes), it can be downgraded again.

Greetings,
Dirk