Re: [opensuse-factory] Edit existing /etc/fstab, YES or NO? WAS: Proposal: /tmp as tmpfs
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 05:54:29PM +0200, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
On Fri, Jul 10, Arvin Schnell wrote:

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 12:41:48PM +0200, Richard Brown wrote:
On Fri, 2020-07-10 at 10:34 +0000, Arvin Schnell wrote:

With the simple solution of YaST not adding an entry the user has
no simply way of disabling tmpfs for /tmp anymore - at least not
without the consequence of making snapshots of /tmp which looks
very bad to me. The user would have to disable the mount unit,
create a snapshot in the right way, and add it to fstab.

Why would they need to create a snapshot?

Because YaST does would not create one anymore. Unless YaST gets
extended to create snapshots and not add them to fstab.

For which did you wrote mksubvolume?

mksubvolume /tmp ?

Afterwards you have a /tmp subvolume and an /etc/fstab entry. What
else is missing?

Everybody must know that. I doubt that is the case.

And still rollbacks across that step do not work.

ciao
Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxxx>