Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal: /tmp as tmpfs
Am 10.07.20 um 12:28 schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
Hello!

On 7/10/20 11:49 AM, Richard Brown wrote:
Does anyone have any objections, concerns, thoughts?

I'm fine with the idea, but it would be nice if existing systems wouldn't be
switched
over without asking, so that there is no unexpected loss of data - I do
happen to
have dumped some stuff into /tmp that I still need and I assume other users
might have
done the same. Better be safe than sorry.

It will not get lost.
Quite the contrary -- it will be very hard to (accidentally) delete
stuff from the old /tmp ;-P

...wondering if I'm the only one who backs up the following directories
before a reinstall:

/etc
/home
/tmp