Re: [opensuse-factory] Edit existing /etc/fstab, YES or NO? WAS: Proposal: /tmp as tmpfs
On Fri, 2020-07-10 at 10:34 +0000, Arvin Schnell wrote:

With the simple solution of YaST not adding an entry the user has
no simply way of disabling tmpfs for /tmp anymore - at least not
without the consequence of making snapshots of /tmp which looks
very bad to me. The user would have to disable the mount unit,
create a snapshot in the right way, and add it to fstab.

Why would they need to create a snapshot?
They should be able to just disable the mount unit, and add it to the
fstab.

Plus, it's worth noting that with VM/Cloud images being an increasingly
common way of getting openSUSE these days, what "YaST does" is not the
only thing we need to keep in mind. But in this case delivering images
with tmpfs by default is nice and simple also.
--
Richard Brown
Linux Distribution Engineer - Future Technology Team

Phone +4991174053-361
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409
Nuernberg
(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)
Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer