Re: [opensuse-factory] firefox 78.0.1 has problems with credentials using Lockwise
hi,

Am 09.07.20 um 16:35 schrieb Matthias Fehring:
Hey,

Am Donnerstag, 9. Juli 2020, 16:09:18 CEST schrieb Rainer Klier:
hi,

and do you use the package MozillaFirefox-translations-common?

i found out that this is, what is causing the problem!

as soon, as i uninstall MozillaFirefox-translations-common firefox 78 is
working, but of course only in english.
this is not really an answer/solution to your question/issue but an additional
observation.

yes, i know.

it is, more, or less, a workaround.

After upgrading to todays Tumbleweed Snapshot (20200707) my Firefox started to
freeze (or at least does not accept any input anymore) after a short time of
exactly what i experienced.
usage. It works fine in safe mode so I thought it is related to extensions.

exactly what i was thinking, 2 days ago.

But disabling them did not solve the issue. After reading your thread here, I
realized that safe mode is english only too. So I remove MozillaFirefox-
translations-common an now the issue (freezing) is gone.

exaclty what i experienced.

i was hoping, that also someone else will experience this, after updating......

i found out, that installing german language pack from mozilla website works.

--

Best Regards | Freundliche Grüße | Cordialement | Cordiali Saluti |
Atenciosamente | Saludos Cordiales

*DI Rainer Klier*

DevOps, Research & Development