Re: [opensuse-factory] Replacing libzypp stack with libdnf stack
On Mittwoch, 8. Juli 2020, 17:35:52 CEST wrote Stasiek Michalski:
On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 16:15, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
IMHO we a very good job in keeping a 15 years old api compatible
and only extend it. There are not many doing that for that period
of time...

I assume that's why most APIs have a version number in the URL, because
we assume nothing is forever, and OBS is the proof of that ;)

we could have a version, but it means you need to maintain old and new
versions then. And keep maintaining the old ones for the new content
in OBS.

Therefore we do not do that by default. However, we have of course added
a second way sometimes if the old way did not cover new use cases.

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian@xxxxxxx

(AG Nürnberg)