Re: [opensuse-factory] Replacing libzypp stack with libdnf stack
Am 07.07.20 um 13:51 schrieb Dan Čermák:
As far as I know nothing under /public is part of the official &
guaranteed API (ironically one tends to refer to this as the *public*
API), so code relying on these routes can break at any time.
My experience with OBS interfaces is "everything can break any time and
will not necessarily be fixed, because it was broken on purpose".
And "backporting stuff to stable releases is a rare event, because OBS
developers only run unstable code anyway".

Not a pleasant thing to use, I agree. The OBS developer community's
attitude has improved (depends on who gets to process your github issue)
but still the experience is -- ahem -- "interesting", especially
compared to friendly communities like, for example, kiwi, but no real
alternatives to OBS exist for my use case.

So my way of interfacing with OBS is "use what's available, and when
they kill it, just look for an alternative, or hack some replacement in" ;-)
--
Stefan Seyfried