Re: [opensuse-factory] Replacing libzypp stack with libdnf stack
On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 14:09, H.Merijn Brand <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Oh, and every time I need to use dnf (which I remember as acronym for
Did Not Finish) I curse the fact that it doesn't know abbreviations
like zypper does. I already entered "dnf se pattern" and "dnf in foo"
a zillion times on CentOS.

That was fixed, dnf in TW has abbreviated commands.

I also dislike the always automatic refresh
that yum and dnf do, I want to refresh once and than set --cacheonly
for all subsequent commands. (see below for zypper)

The refresh timer can be (and usually is) set in repo files. For Fedora
repos I believe it's set to a couple of days, for Tumbleweed it would
probably be daily for the sake of dupping. For Leap couple of days
should be more than enough.

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world