Re: [opensuse-factory] Replacing libzypp stack with libdnf stack
On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 08:00:20AM -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:
What are you talking about? Database format changes are supported just
fine for more than a year. We've gone through this exercise in Fedora
long before pulling the trigger on switching to SQLite for the rpmdb.
In fact, I was waiting longer to have Zypper prepared in Fedora for it
than DNF on openSUSE.

I am talking about switching to a new rpm version that can no longer
write the old format. See my pull request in rpm upstream.
That's exactly what we had in Tumbleweed: the new rpm can no longer
write berkeley db.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
mls@xxxxxxx GF: Felix Imendoerffer HRB 36809, AG Nuernberg